Application and Letting Procedure
Please click on the following link to see the Government sponsored checklist for renting in England.
- Make an appointment to view the property. At this time you will be given a copy of a leaflet prepared by the Government regarding renting a property
- View the property
- Each applicant to: complete an application form and provide ID
- ID will also be required for all those aged 18 or over who will be living with the tenant at the property
- References will be taken up, including identity, right of residency and credit checks. If you fail any of the checks your application will not be considered further
- Approved references will be referred to the landlord for a decision. Once approval has been received the property can be offered to you
- An Offer Letter will be sent to you confirming commencement of tenancy and detailing initial payments due prior to the start of tenancy (first month’s rent and deposit). Attached to this letter will be the Tenancy Agreement for signing.
- You return the signed documentation and pay all the monies required prior to tenancy commencement
- Your deposit will be registered with TDS Custodial and the relevant documentation forwarded to you
- On the tenancy commencement date you attend at our office to collect the keys, property inventory and meter readings. The inventory is to be returned to us once checked and agreed